What to Wear
What you wear on your photo shoot plays an important factor in how your image is portrayed. Therefore; here are some tips to help you prepare:
- When considering clothing choices texture can be terrific.
- Avoid baggy clothing. Your clothes should fit properly and balanced so that you don't appear frumpy
- Jeweled and dark colors work best on most skin tones such as red, purple, blue, green and black. Ivory is also a great choice for women. When in doubt, choose a hue that complements your eyes & hair color.
- For headshots bring at least 2 tops/shirts. Try a variety of necklines. You will not have to wear them all, but it's better to have more options than not enough.
- Children and teens are often times preferred to be seen in layering pieces with cardigans, button down shirts, light weight jackets and blazers.
- Avoid loud prints.
- If your photos consist of full body shots, apply the same guidelines to your dresses. Pants or skirts should be proportionate to the tops. But, do wear a garment that makes you feel attractive.
- Do not, over compensate by wearing deep plunge necklines, cut outs or micro-minis.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Ladies, who prefer a fantastic pair of heels to complete your outfit, bring an extra pair of flats you can walk with.
- Regarding colors, same as above.
- Layering is wonderful; for example: collared shirts and blazers, t-shirts and light jackets.
- Thermals, crew necks and V-necks are a good choice of shirts.
- Complement the top half with flat front pants, trousers or clean cut jeans.
- Wear matching dress or casual shoes in case full body shots will be taken.